The Senior News has turned Sweet 16! It’s time to party! Get ready for a year of celebrating, with live events to thank the community, including business supporters and honoring the Over-50 crowd. Guarantee that that you receive your participation instructions. There will be some big announcements being made. The first one is right here in this article. Keep on reading…
Big Announcement #1 – New Website Launched!
By now you know the new “mystery” website name… DesertNewsPost.com. It’s easy and free to subscribe to receive timely email announcements. Just read on for more information.
Senior News owner Trina Siverts has been working hard to make sure this new website blows your socks off. The new name is easier for you to remember (and spell). There are exciting surprise features of interest to you, plus some that are just plain practical.
- Save Time and Gas Money. You now have faster access to articles and photos online. Senior News, Jess Ranch Bulletin and High Desert Community News articles will be published on the website before the printed versions hit the streets. (Don’t panic: the print versions will still be published and distributed as before).
- It’s Not Your Grandmother’s Website. This is YOUR modern, easy-to-use, informative website, encompassing great features that readers have asked for. You’ll get better events coverage, access to hundreds of event photos, plus a lot more. You’ll still get the same local “good” news, great resources, and things to do as published in the print versions.
- Surprise Elements to Enjoy. Like books? There will be book reviews, on subjects chosen to uplift and entertain you. Like to shop? Watch for some special ways to find items you need. Want photos? Per your request, you’ll be able to see and download photos of you and your friends for your personal use.
- Weekly Updates – The website will be updated weekly. Be sure to check back often. Plan your week around fun and exciting things. And, be sure to tell your friends so they don’t miss out!
- E-Subscriptions – Receive your electronic Senior News in PDF format with a free e-subscription. You’ll also receive notices when interesting news occurs, and whenever an interesting new event is discovered.
You can still read the printed newspaper every month, however you may miss out on some events if you aren’t receiving the email blasts! Sign up for email blasts by giving your email address. “Like” the “Senior News” on Facebook. And “Follow” us at “Sivertspub” on Twitter.Last, but not least! You’ll be able to subscribe to the new weekly publications, Desert News Post. A departure from our mostly positive coverage, it takes a more “newsy” approach. Get your local, county, state and federal government updates, events, and opinions from organizations that the mainstream media may not offer. We’ll report on special interests like the Tea Party and other political activists, social concerns, environmental, economic, educational, historical, animal rights and other subjects.
Be sure you are kept up-to-date! It’s easy and free. Just go to the “Contact Us” page, and supply your email address! If you don’t have your own email, get your friend, daughter, son, cousin, nephew or grandchild to supply theirs. You won’t want to miss out!