Friends of the Apple Valley Library meets the second Tuesday of the month at 11:30 a.m. at Newton T. Bass Apple Valley Library, 14901 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, just North of Highway 18.
The group supports the library with book sales, a summer reading program, and more. Recently, a historical display was shown at the Town’s 25th Anniversary Celebration, educating attendees on the library’s rich history.
Meetings feature a presentation, on an educational and entertaining topic. The 2014 schedule follows:
- Feb. 11- Eloise Gibson and Marcella Taylor – The Bell Mountain Community (Black History Month);
- Mar. 11- Sharon Foster- Route 66 Museum;
- Apr. 8- A.V. Mayor Art Bishop, Town News;
- May 13- Mary Hughes, books, California Writers Club; June 10- John Hixon – World War II;
- July 8 – Beverly Dudley- Victorville history – 64 years!;
- Aug. 12 – Mary Dutro- Desert Tortoises;
- Sept. 9- Andrea Willow – her art and writing;
- Oct. 14 – Annette Bazile – Her family, homesteading Bell Mountain, quilting, and art;
- Nov. 11- Dale Park- “Good Old Days with Gabby Hayes”;
- Dec. 9- Christmas potluck. Installation of officers.
Photo: Friends of the Apple Valley 2014 Library Officers are Jackie Fielder, President; Marcella Taylor, Vice President; Sarah Scott, Treasurer; and Dori Marino, Secretary.
For more information, call Vice President sMarcy Taylor at (760)985-1918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.